Skip to main content

Reply to "Select Teams"

Eokerholm posted:

Comical or delusional with some of these comments. No one is getting drafted or D1 looks or college looks for that matter - out of 7th grade or little league. If they are, they’re the .00001% as mentioned which, I’m sorry, but highly doubt anyone’s kid is on this board or the 1 set of parents on here or someone from dominican.

Y’all play right into the travel ball hysteria and money machines. If you can print money and fork over $500-800 a showcase for your 12–14 year old, good luck to you. Those places, events, coaches, and the like are happy to take your money.

I thought this board was for High School kids going after scouts and college after puberty and body/muscle changes and development, etc....

Kinda like flat ground app where people are throwing up videos of their 9-12 year olds looking for advice or kids doing driveline before puberty. Kid turns 15 and can’t even throw a tennis ball or wash his hair because his arm is blown over playing/pitching and playing year round. 05EA0FD1-94DA-4883-9E4E-3459F6E374F4

Back to your regularly schedule programming... haha 

Not to get off track here but getting D1 looks before high school may not be quite as rare as you think. There are at least 2 kids on teams my kids HS team plays against that have committed to a high level D1 college team (ACC) at a very young age. One committed while still in middle school and had never played a HS game. May have been 13 at the time or just turned 14. He was about 6' 1" 200 lbs. The other kid was 6' 4" and 194 lbs as a HS fresh. Committed at 15 so guessing he was on the D1 radar at 14. The thing about these kids is they were/are much, much more physically mature than most their age as well as being excellent athletes and extremely serious players. Lots of muscle. Look like big Varsity players in middle school. My late bloomer senior is probably about a year behind where those kids were physically in middle school For the record, I'm NOT suggesting that people should fork over big bucks for 13u and 14u teams, tournaments and showcases so they can get D1 looks. I'm also NOT suggesting that getting D1 looks before HS is anything but rare. Also not suggesting that kids that are physically mature very early are always going to be good players.

This info is available on Perfect Game.