Skip to main content

Reply to "Selectfest 2013 Invite"

Originally Posted by LeftyDad22:

Understood! Do you know anything about the Top 100 Showcase at Villanova?? He was invited to that as well. Says over 90 Colleges??

At the time my son was going through this process, Top 100 just started (we live in Northern NJ, so I had never heard of it). It has been scheduled in the past couple of years just after SelectFest, with many of the same scouts and colleges attending. IMHO attending one or the other is probably good enough. A lot of times it becomes a money issue and are you located closer to one or the other.

Probably the only real difference is SelectFest has been around longer (and used to be much less expensive).

As jerseydad has stated,t he Diamond Nation and the Tri-State Arsenal programs have in the past been 2 of the better programs to be found in the central and southern parts of NJ. I think they still combine and form a team called Super 17 to go to the national tournaments such as PG. They have been very competitive with the rest of the country.

I don't know if this still goes on at Diamond Nation, but they used to have a program called Super 17 where players from all parts of NJ come down and play scouted games. Not sure they still do that...

Last edited by birdman14