Skip to main content

Reply to "Selecting the JUCO route"

great info, what position (s) does he play....So he tanked the grades as a freshman and Soph... now he's playing catch-up.  What degree is he seeking?   My oldest is at an engineering school,  they have one baseball  player attempting that degree.

Has he been offered any money at either a D1 or a Juco?  Not to sound harsh but a 2017 should be a little further down the recruiting path, especially for top D1's...... there's a reason why he is not committed to SEC or ACC schools.  Are you thinking more like mid-level D1's

The biggest difference between the top Juco's and the mid-level D1's is team depth.. the batting order might have three or four studs in Juco, the D1 has the the entire order.  the D1 has more and a variety of pitching.

I would not be too concerned about living in either a dorm ( D1) or an apartment ( Juco) I would be more concerned with how far away from home he will be.  

From what you have told me I would lean towards D1 if it's financially a good move.   There will be more restrictions, tutors, and likely more coaches to keep him in line.  He might forgo some playing time as a freshman.  

depending on the JUCO he might get to play , and playing is important, but he might not get to play and he could get lost in the Juco shuffle and not end up playing D1.

I think I would keep every avenue open until he gets solid offers, then think of how far away he will be, if he can attend the school if baseball evaporates, do they have the degree he wants....