Skip to main content

Reply to "Sending HS Schedule - Pitchers?"

Thanks for all the replies. HSBBW still the place to be!

Making varsity is obviously the priority. A D1 HC saw my son at some point and asked him for a schedule. I am surprised any college coach at any level watches many HS games during their season, JV or varsity, but I'd like my son to be honest about his situation with a potential future coach. 

Son has a strict HS-only focus in season regardless of squad. I do think he begins this spring on JV (in a few more weeks!), though kids including those at this school already committed have moved between squads mid-season. This HS had a freshman only pitch like 4 innings last spring for the soph team (not even JV) and still committed to P5 D1(!) after. Yes, it's that kind of school where there is too much talent and too few HS innings, so I am less concerned about what message is sent along with a JV schedule in this particular situation. 

Thanks again everyone... helps to talk these things through. I spent years lurking here mostly but the discussions are really valuable, so to other lurkers... participate!