Skip to main content

Reply to "senior and coach at odds"

Originally Posted by coach2709:
Originally Posted by baseballmom25:
My son and his high school coach do not have a good rapport.  Coach knows he is very good  athletically but does not like his attitude/arrogance.  

Well.......does he show these things?  If so then this is 100% on your son to fix this relationship.  If he's really not this way then I seriously doubt this relationship can be fixed.  If your son has the talent and is being seen by the right people he will be fine.  It's like my principal says - the reason why you try to provide 3 - 5 references is that if there is an issue with someone there are others that will off set it.

Good advice.  My son had a couple of issues with his coach and I had him march in his office and work it out.  Hell, there were times when I wanted to punch my son as well because of his 17-18 year old attitude.  ALL YOU DADS ON THE BOARD THAT HAVE/HAD A 17 YEAR OLD KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. 

If we, as adults, have a disagreement with the boss we better figure it out or it can hurt our careers.  It does not matter who is right or wrong, just that there is a problem.  This is a good time for son to learn this lesson and work it out.  It's part of growing up.