Skip to main content

Reply to "Senior Season is Over"

HSBB05, this year my son lost 2 friends, fellow seniors. One played s****r and the week before he died he had scored the winning goal for the state championship. He and a bunch of teammates went snowboarding in Colorado to celebrate.....Then at a team party the following Tuesday.....he complained of a headache, and within 24 hours he was dead, from bacterial meningites. The other, our baseball player, had wanted a motorcyle...his parents repeatedly refused to allow him to ride one....but....he found a way....he borrowed one.... he died that day. He wasn't experienced enough to handle a big bike.

Our thoughts and prayers are always with their families. Our community has lost 2 fine young men, and their parents suffering is beyond description.

I'm so sorry for the pain your son is having, and I know as a mother, when they are in pain, we are too.....So....hug him, continue to support him, and together, as a family.....you will get through it. Hopefully he will play ball again.....

Watching my son play baseball is still important to me, and tonight is senior night...our last home game....always thought I'd cry a river....but don't feel that way today.....we are still grieving greater losses....

As a previous poster said, you learn from adversity....and you grow....your son will....and so will mine.....unfortunately we can't shield them from all things painful....but I'm glad to be here for him....supporting him....and getting a hug every now and then...when he's not being too cool.....and I'm also very, very thankful that he is here for me too.....

Best wishes for you and your son....