Skip to main content

Reply to "Senior Season is Over"

Hsbbo5 - Please keep us posted on how your son is doing. I've been praying for him and your family. I found when my son was told to stop all sports how pyschologically hard it is. Other people wouldn't understand our pain when we would tell them he wasn't supposed to wrestle or play baseball. And the thought of never doing it again was overwhelming. Most of these kids have played since they were just little! Then I also had guilt because I thought was it because we let him play football too early? Wrestle too much? He was playing 3 sports at one time. I'm glad your son is allowed some activity now and I hope you can find the answer to the hip problem. Also, make sure you have a good physical therapist. Ours has helped so many people I know and is really great. I think having a doctor who played sports is also important. Athletes usually have better recoveries then the rest of the population. The first doctor we had said to me "Well, if it was my son I would just have the fusion surgery". That really bugged me! We would have had the surgery and he still would have been in pain. Again, good luck and I hope everything works out.