Skip to main content

Reply to "Sept 1 contact"

Just a comment / perspective:

We are starting to notice two distinct patterns in these emails.

Some are clearly sent via a 'scoutware' type software (and that probably manages that midnight or 3 am send time....) and the only 'personalized' touch in those emails is the name.

Others, which I take as being slightly more encouraging at this point, say, 'thanks for the video, would really like to see you pitch' or 'liked your arm action, send me your schedule' or even ' we will try to get out to see you this fall'.

Is it right to assume this? : The 'generic' ones are purely 'top of the funnel, marketing to everyone in the database' and the second type might be 'ok, we took a look, still can't say if we like you enough to put on our follow list, but I haven't ruled you out yet, prove yourself to us.'

Only a small number of coaches directly said 'you are on my follow list' but happily it includes one school he really loves Smile and of course we know that STILL isn't really anything more than 'you've made it a bit further down the recruiting funnel, now prove yourself to us.' Subtext = get bigger, stronger, faster, (and on the high academic schools, show us great grades and scores this year).

We are trying to decide what exposure is worth the cost tis fall, vs., waiting til he has real improvement to show these coaches.

It is a very interesting process.

What I love the most about this ---- the motivation factor. Priceless. Studying more than ever, working out more than ever. (Oh yeah, and EATING more than ever!)