Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

quote:
Also Officer Bolt could do more for Moral and Honer being an Officer in the MLB, Then anything he could do Stationed over sea's. JMHO.

WOW! Now THAT is one heck of a statement! I'm sure that all of our service men and woman who are putting their lives on the line everyday overseas would be happy to know that they could be viewed as having more honor by playing baseball back in the USA than serving their country overseas!

To be clear, I do not know Officer Bolt or his family aside from what is written here on the HSBB site. Also, a huge congrats to him for being drafted by MLB. Hey, I'm a Philly gal myself...and Officer Bolt is one of MY guys now! I do not wish him anything but good luck, health and fortune in whatever direction his professional career takes him...whether on the baseball field or the military...or both!

However, to say that Mr. Bolt's contribution on the baseball field carries more honor and morale than anything he could do stationed overseas is a disservice to all of our fine men and women who have made that commitment and have put themselves in harms way in carrying out their duty. As much as we all love baseball, and it plays an important role in all of our lives on this sight...and regardless of political stances....I would think that most of us value and respect our servicemen and women and the sacrifices they make on our behalf. They deserve better than the above statement....JMO.

Considering Officer Bolt's commitment to the military and the type of young man so many have said he is...I would think that he himself would never place himself in the category of having more honor than his fellow soldiers either....regardless of WHERE he serves and in whatever capacity.
Last edited by luvbb