Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

quote:
You are opposed to a pre arranged and explicit program that benefits greatly, both the Service and a Cadet and somehow want to find unfairness where none exists.

Okay...here is the question that no one seems to be able to answer so far. I will try ONCE AGAIN. Can someone please explain to me how this policy "benefits" the enlisted men and women in the service (from where the GREATEST manpower comes from in all the branches of the service) who do not have the same options for "alternate assignments" and delays in service as an Academy Grad/professional athlete???? This, IMO is where the unfairness DOES exist. Please explain how the lack of "alternate assignments" is FAIR when both mom AND dad are sent overseas. Please explain how the lack of "alternate assignments" is FAIR to the reservist who is re-assigned overseas after already serving his time. BUT, "alternate assignment" IS available to an academy grad/ballplayer. How is that disparity GOOD for the service? Again...I am talking POLICY...not personal.

Let me reiterate AGAIN, this is a question about POLICY....NOT about a cadet's option to utilize that policy. And yes, I understand it is "pre-arranged and agreed" upon by the cadet and the academy. I am not questioning THAT. I AM questioning whether this is a policy JUST for athletes in academies...and I am questioning HOW is it fair to the vast majority of our service men and woman who ARE serving overseas without benefit of "options" even under difficult cirmstances?

I do not understand why terms such as "unwillingness to listen" and "ludicrous" are callously thrown about due to "questioning" and "differing opinions". NO ONE has to agree here...and it is apparent no one will! However, a "polite" dialogue might be nice. But I do find it interesting that people tend to get mean-spirited and veer away from answering questions when opinions are different.
Last edited by luvbb