Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

quote:
Originally posted by luvbb:
LUVBB,
Are singers now recruited to major universities and held up as examples or icons for the institutions? How many singers graduate college and make lasting impressions on millions of people?
But..to answer your question...I would say definitely YES!!!! Obviously you do not know how hard it is to get into some performing arts majors at major universities...let alone into performing arts colleges (hmmmm....a specialization school...sort of like an "academy"?)???? Yes, the best are contacted and asked to apply. And yes..there are major scholarships for those talented enough. And in answer to your question..I would venture to guess there are about the SAME number of performing artists who have graduated from college and have made a lasting impression on millions of people as there are baseball players who have gone the same route. AND..probably an equally minimal number of each actually become successful enough to make a good living at it. The success rate for both are probably minimal. Singing "backup" I would equate to getting your feet wet in the minors. So personally...I do not think the "comparison" is all that LUDICROUS...EXCEPT for the fact that performing artists aren't asked to serve their country in return for their education....but, again I ask my question...what would happen if an academy graduate was offered an opportunity equally as prestigious as an athlete playing minor league ball? I guess from your "ludicrous" reply you do not think ANYTHING could be on equal footing outside of the athletic realm. But then again...I think our culture has placed way too much of an importance on BOTH professional athletes AND performing artists. Altho, from your "ludicrous" argument....I guess we are safe to assume you only fall into the category of only promoting the former.

Ok, name 10 famous singers and what college they went to.