Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

If baseball talent blossomed suddenly during a cadet's junior or senior year, I would be closer to understanding your justification. Prior to that, a cadet has the option of leaving the Academies without a commtiment to serve. Given the goal of a professional baseball career, a player certainly has the option of attending any one of a number of fine universities with strong baeball programs.

I certainly see that attending a service Academy is a priviledge; priviledges hold responsibilites.

I'm curious about this benefit to the military of "millions of dollars of free PR and advertising". As this website is the only place I've heard of the Academy grad as minor leaguer (and I tend to pay attention to Things Baseball), I might suggest their ad campaign is ineffective.

----

Your snide comment to luvbb about having to research singers and their colleges was inappropriate. People interested in performance artists would know that information and would not know what college any given pro ballplayer attended. Being more interested in sport does not make your arguement stronger.

------

Perhaps you are unaware of the contracted tours of duty extended in Iraq at the dictate of the military. Breach? Then I guess that isn't actually happening.

-------

"You, like Orlando, are hell bent on being right and refuse to listen. That's ok, people do that all the time."

Oh, we're well aware of that. Here we have the pot lecturing the kettle on the subject of blackness.