Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

My son enlisted in the Army at West Point to lead the brave men and women of this country into battle at risk of his own life. Pat Tillman had already made millions, and when one of his young teammates wanted to enlist with him, Tillmans advice was to make his money in pro ball first and then serve.

Please do not make light of the comittment which I in the past and my son now have made for sport of your argument.

Condemning young men for wanting to pursue the same dreams that your sons have is a double standard. We don't ask anything of you, but are willing to lay down our life for your freedom.

Bring that up next time you want to talk about what is fair and unfair, and don't pretend to stand up for those already in service to their country if you have never served. It's easy to have an opinion from the comfort of your easy chair. It's quite another matter to sign on the dotted line and be willing to pay the ultimate price. It goes to a whole new level when you stand behind your principles and watch your son take up the mantle of burden and risk.

My son wants to play professional baseball. If he doesn't get his wish, he goes to war to defend our country. Stand beside him or go to hell, your choice.
Last edited by CPLZ