Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger Paw Mom:
EH,
Your point of view has always been understood, go back and read my posts.

Questioning military motives is DISLOYAL? Where did you come up with that one?

I never said anything about the young man or any young men regarding them being nothing but fine young men.
I was trying to make a point about commitments. When is it ok to put off commitment for ANYTHING and when is it not ok? Orlando and luvbb have brought up good points in the discussion, asking questions that are not answered. Is playing baseball an exception?

What is the military POLICY for not keeping commitments? At sons school it's no more $$$.

Before you beat your head against the wall, I asked and have asked over and over again. Why should playing pro baseball be a special circumstance. I don't want to hear about morale booster and it's a good recruiting tool.

Can you answer that question?

TPM, let me take a stab at your question about commitment...

First you asked about "if they (in reference to SA ballplayers) didn't play baseball, would they lose thier scholarship?" NO. Why? Because they are not there on a baseball scholarship.

Second, you ask about "putting off commitment for ANYTHING"... in the case of Nick Hill and his teammate (sorry name eludes me ATM) neither one of them are putting their commitment aside. Instead, they are serving as recruiters for the United States Army. That is their commitment. Nowhere does it say that a West Point graduate (nor Annapolis grad nor AFA grad) must go to Iraq or other overseas combat zone. It doesn't say it.

Clearing up?