Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

Well luvbb, unfortunately I don't know that information off the top of my head. If I were to take a guess, I'd probably suggest no more than about 250 or so. Tell ya what, in between my schoolwork, I'll see if I can't dig that information up.

It will not be as high as you expect because none of their duty stations would be "Iraq." They would most likely be assigned to a base here CONUS and then deploy to Iraq or Afghanistan with their unit. OCONUS locations that would see graduates going to for their duty stations would include Korea, Italy, Kosovo, and Germany mainly I think.

Also, I believe something like 20% of a graduating class actually goes into a combat field. That's it.. now the thing is that a lot more find themselves in combatWink so that's decieving.

Finally, luvbb, I won't claim to be an expert about any of this. I believe I know a significant amount, but that's because I'm truly interested in the Service Academies and was EXTREMELY interested in going there. I have done a significant amount of research for that reason. But that doesn't make me an expert!Smile