Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

quote:
Originally posted by luvbb:
quote:
Questioning the policy is entirely fair game, statements like these are cheap shots imho.

With all due respect CD, I believe there have been more than ONE "cheapshot" in this thread that have been entirely irrelevent with discussing the policy:

"Bring that up next time you want to talk about what is fair and unfair, and don't pretend to stand up for those already in service to their country if you have never served. It's easy to have an opinion from the comfort of your easy chair."

So...those who have never served in the military are not permitted to stand up for our military...or offer opinions as they pertain to the military either? No need for an answer CD...just pointing out that "cheapshots" flow both ways.

Absolutely that was a shot, but there was nothing cheap about it, it was direct and right on target. You railed about being the champion of rights and judge of fairness for those already in service, yet you have zero experience and want to argue the point with someone who served. I earned my right to that opinion and it is formed from personal experience. The good news for you, is that I and all others who served earned your right to express your opinion also, regardless of its foundation. You and others have taken plenty of shots, that's what happens in a heated debate. I wouldn't characterize most of them as cheap. I'm not whining about it though, I have big shoulders, I can take it.

I may not agree with your opinion, but will defend to the death your right to state it.

In the land of the free and the home of the brave, freedom extends to everyone, yet the bravery is shouldered by a volunteered few.

So, from the comfort of your easy chair, you dictate...get off that baseball field and get out there defend our country right now mister.
Last edited by CPLZ