Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

quote:
So, from the comfort of your easy chair, you dictate...get off that baseball field and get out there defend our country right now mister.

Nope...I think it was the soldier himself who VOLUNTEERED to serve their country. Apparently it was the academies who decided they would better serve our country on the baseball field rather than elsewhere. And that is the disagreement I have.

"yet you have zero experience and want to argue the point with someone who served."I'm not whining about it though, I have big shoulders, I can take it.

This does get tiring..and it will be the last time I say this. I'm not ARGUING with you about ANYTHING. You are the one who has made this a personal issue...not me. My "beef" is with the academies and military who offer these "provisos". Why shouldn't any boy accept such an offer..you get the best of both worlds IF those are the two worlds you wish to be in. Also, since you really know NOTHING about me, my life, or my family....I think you are being quite presumptuous and arrogant in your assumptions. But hey...I guess you need those big shoulders to hold up that big head! NOt a "cheapshot"...right on target.

"The good news for you, is that I and all others who served earned your right to express your opinion also, regardless of its foundation."

And..I have said repeatedly I have nothing but respect for our military and thanks to them...we can have this discussion. BUT...you need to make up your mind...are we ALLOWED to express opinions or not? Before you said we couldn't if we never served personally.

"My son made a commitment to the Army to serve, with a proviso. The Army made a commitment to my son to provide an education and develop a leader of character, with a proviso."

To serve with "Proviso"...now THERE is a motto we can all be proud of. I'm thinking that it could be the closing tagline in that advertisement:

"Bee> all that you can be...a switch hitting first baseman"....."serve with proviso in today's Army".
Last edited by luvbb