Skip to main content

Reply to "Service Academy Draftee"

quote:
Hey, ClevelandDad, why didn't that make your 'cheap shots' list?

That is a fair question. IMHO, there have been some hostilities (cheap shots if you will) in this thread between members but there has only been one "cheap shot" directed (perhaps implied) at another member's kid. When have inuendos like that ever been fair game on the hsbbweb?

The best I can tell by re-reading the posts in this thread is there has been only one member who has taken it beyond the policy discussion and indicated that not only do they disagree with the policy but they also perhaps find it less than honorable for a cadet to take advantage of such policy.

If someone believes cadets who join the military under the "proviso" that they might someday pursue a baseball career is somehow less than the right thing to do, then please come out and say it explicitly. Otherwise, please point out how previous comments have been misinterpreted. Are we talking about policy here or are we also casting aspersions on those who abide by it.

CLPZ and EH have tried to justify the policy. After reading all the arguments here on both sides, I am not sure I am smart enough to do that.