Skip to main content

Reply to "Shift, Swing, Hip Turn"

Quincy, as you know, I don't agree with some of these ideas. When I think of the swing, I see the hands makes those movements you see, then I see them seek an area of "connection" and ride that point for a couple of frames along with the shoulder area. I see the hands get locked, the hips fire, then the upper body come along. I don't see much pause in this process but do note that there is point where the hips are ahead of the hands/shoulders. Finally, I see the hands leaving connection. There are many terms for this and some used in ways not intended by the creators of those terms. I wish I had the ability to post clips because I have some clips of side by sides of MLB players from front views and side views that would lend themselves to this argument.

BTW, I have a friend with his own server. Maybe I need to have him over, grill some brats and talk him into some free space.

Oh, if you look at the Upton clip provide above, you see the hips actually start to open prior to the front heel hitting the ground. Thoughts?
Last edited by CoachB25