Skip to main content

Reply to "Short to zone...Long through zone"

quote:
Things like this gripe me about mlb. Just my little soap box. Pick 'em clean quick. If you don't make it, hey, we've got a draft next year, too

MLB...training ground or proving ground. I think they don't care..your right.

Looking at the swing on right...amateurish so he got the opportunity with defense and speed.

Dead give away was rear foot action at follow through ( identical) and lead foot roll over . Forget the upper body and watch his lower and you will see on the tee work they stayed very similar and live he had the same "kick back" on the rear foot.

ABOUT IS SWING IN GENERAL>>>>>>>

His is still an arms hitter and in most likely will always be.That stuff is hard to change when it is ingrained

The shoulders and follow through are getting restricted by the hips that didn't clear.At one point I think I see the shoulders pulling the hips. If the hips don't lead you got problems like the top hand coming over. Hips can pull but not push. He is better in 3 but that is no where near a what you would call a good swing.

The plane is better but post him by a good rotator like Bonds or Gonzo and you will see glaring lower body problems.

He is 90% upper body hitting

ALso if you had the earlier part of the swing you might find poor negative moves of hips and hands. A faulty rotational swing is often a mirror image of a bad loading process.

Nobody ever said what the goal was as to the type swing he was developing

The hips must counter rotate/ coil during the stride to rotate through....the hardest part of hitting to teach

He is classic weight shift ,rear leg, and rear elbow extension hitter and you know what that is called...Linear. He shifts into that front side hard and with no negative move preceeding it that is visable on this clip. You might as well let him stay linear and run like crazy.

THese drills appear that somebody is trying to teach him to rotate. "Old dog new tricks" good luck"

Michael Jordon...remember

Interesting sequence Linear...thanks
Last edited by swingbuster