Skip to main content

Reply to "Short to zone...Long through zone"

Still pushing the swing from the back in the left swing/swing #1.

I think the hit with the back shoulder type cue is suboptimal,it just adds to the too much backside stuff which ruins/interrupts/"compresses" coil/stretch so uncoiling lacks quickness.

More detail with golf and Epstein and other jargon:

I prefer a more backhanded(tennis too)/pulled from the front swing.

Again, a very well known problem in golf- you have to learn to get the front side active/pull with front side/ "get the front side out of the way"to prevent getting "blocked".

I prefer a cue like "pulling the back hip around"/pull from the front/pull back with front shoulder--cues are largely feel and not reality but even if not visually accurate they need to encourage the strong front side.

Agree with buster the set-up and early swing are very important.The need for "plane transiton" (arms loading in different plane from shoulders,two ends work against each other- shoulder tilt as hips "initiate" from front - to develop aligned swing plane powered by uncoiling of last quick twist of trunk) needs to be appreciated not just how nicely the arm swings in the body plane. It doesn't matter if you have the planes lined up for unloading if there isn't enough coil in the trunk to drive a quick swing in the first place.

A better set up and load and we will see less of the suboptimal hip slide after frontfoot is down,earlier batspeed and contact not so far out front.

This result/improvement will likely fail to continue if the root cause-poor coil dynamics- is not better addressed.This is why the guru gets quickness but late connection,never a high level swing.