Skip to main content

Reply to "Short to zone...Long through zone"

swingbuster,

Pig tracks in Iowa? Don't ever remember seeing pig tracks and have lived here a long time. The only place you will see pig tracks is on a farm and then only in a pig pen. Now, if you want to talk about DEER, they are everywhere and taking over the state!

linear,

I would like to see more clips of Manny’s swing. The one on the previous page looks like he hit a hanging curveball (probably out of the park). My question would be – how soon did he recognize curveball or off speed and how much did he adjust his swing because of the early recognition. Would he have the same swing on all pitches in this location (c*ck shot).

Also the swing shows some interesting things that relate to this discussion. This is what most people describe as short to the ball – long finish! I would say this clip shows absolutely great extension. It also, (in my opinion) shows the value of strong hands because at contact the barrel is real close to being in front of his hands. Also, though I can’t tell for sure, how would you describe his grip?

The reason I bring this up is because I think Manny is a truly “natural” hitter. One that is so talented, he can make more mistakes than most others. I believe his ability to recognize, adjust and time is much better than nearly all others. While he does things that you like, does he do anything you don’t like or would not teach young hitters?

This clip is a classic example of “staying on the ball” or trying to! Would also like to see this swing from start to finish.

Linear, Thanks for all your work, please consider toning things down because you can be very valuable to this site. I’d hate to see you get kicked off. Plus, if there is less fighting and bickering we will all get more out of it. I for one, have no problem with your strong beliefs in a certain system. However, I also have no problems with others who might disagree with portions of that system. It’s all good stuff!