Skip to main content

Reply to "Short to zone...Long through zone"

Linear,

I don’t have the gun, so I won’t be pullin any triggers. Truth is I have never once asked for anything to be deleted on this site let alone asked to have someone banned. I just think you are a valuable asset and would hate to see someone else pull the trigger!

I don’t need to do the pencil thing to realize the affect rotation can have. It’s a very old concept that was taught 50 years ago. My grandfather once told me the secret to hitting was how fast you can move your belly button from the load to facing the pitcher. While later I learned this tip was not totally accurate, it quickly taught me the value of rotation.

Regarding strong hands, here’s an experiment you can try… Get into your very best contact position with barrel slightly behind hands. Have some one try to push your bat backwards to where it started. You will easily prevent this from happening even if you did not have very strong hands. Now get in the same ideal contact position with the barrel even with your hands or better yet slightly ahead of your hands. Or adjust your contact point to a more outside, low or high location even with barrel behind hands. Now, have someone try to push the bat backwards in the swing path. You will quickly understand the real big value in hand strength.

Swingbuster,

You mentioned that all great swings are circular!

What do you mean? Do you mean “perfectly” circular? I’m trying to remember the last time I’ve even seen a bad swing that wasn’t somewhat circular.