Skip to main content

Reply to "Short to zone...Long through zone"

While I agree on the finish not being as important, it does some significant information in my opinion. I agree that matching the swing plane will affect whether the finish is high or low and so, it isn't representative of commenting on one fixted type of swing ie. finish high. However, it tells a story of balance, tilt, and efficient rotation. Bluedog and I have disagreed to this in degrees and I do agree with him that the ball has left the bat and so... In video, I can sometimes show a hitter that finish and they can tell me what they percieve that they did wrong in the swing. I believe that it can be effective in helping hitters understand the swing process to a limited but beneficial degree.

SORRY, I WAS INTERRUPTED AND POSTED THIS WITHOUT AN EXAMPLE:

This past week at our hitting camp, a parent was upset over their childs "finish." This young man was coming off of that back foot, and at times placing his foot down on the plate. I asked the parent why was this bad. I received a couple of answers but lack of balance was the main focus. I then asked that same parent was their child balanced during the swing process and how much energy did that parent want stored in that body after uncoil? In this example, this young man was hitting the heck out of the ball and so, what appeared to be a bad finish, I hope was used to explain to a parent the realities of a young man really getting after it hitting.
Last edited by CoachB25