Skip to main content

Reply to "Should a "young" junior play 16U or 18U?"

My son , who last year was a sophomore, was pitching a good game against one of the better teams,was noticed by the manager of a 18U summer team. He called us that evening and asked if my son would be interested in playing for his team next summer. I informed him that he was only a sophomore. His reply was that if he can pitch like that he did't care how old he was. Talking to my son about the offer, I told him he could be the #1 pitcher for his colt team or he could chalenge himself on the older team. My son wanted the chalenge. It turned out that my son worked his way to become the #2 pitcher on the 18U team. By the way that team went all the way and won the NABF World Series in the Senior Div. What happened after that was all kind of oppertunities opened up for him.He was invited on a fall showcase team , invited to showcases and a few pro tryouts. WOW ! He has received intrest letters from 20 colleges, 15 of them D 1 s . Would all of this have happened if he would of played colt , I don't know, but it showed us both that he's not afraid of chalenge.It seemed like he got a years head start on the recruitng process.