Skip to main content

Reply to "Should academics ALWAYS come first?"

My son isnt taking a really hard major.He cant and keep up at USC.I really think a bachelors is a starting point.It means you completed your degree.You can always build on it later.

I think we need to be careful when putting down any degree.Some boys that play baseball in college ,might not even be there without baseball.

A basic degree teaches you writing and communication skills which are essential for any type of job.My son loves baseball, school isnt his favorite but he does alright.

A basic degree teaches you time management, and deadlines, and how to deal with stress and working with professors, and other students.Not every student is going to get an engineering degee(and my honest awe of those that do).

Most kids today will get entry level jobs out of college.I know kids who have aeronautical engineering degrees rt now that can not find work.

I applaud any student athlete who can go to school and maintain grades to graduate.For some that is all they can handle.

Nobody should judge that.And for the kids who go pro after HS tough road, but thats their life.Many of those kids dont like school.Its just an individal decision.