Skip to main content

Reply to "Should high schools grant two additional semesters of eligibility?"

Yes, if your kid isn't ready and needs that extra year to up his/her game, go to IMG or other post grad programs. (That's the only one I've heard of). If you don't and aren't worried about the small number of seniors coming back than move on.  How many seniors across the board are 1) eligible 2) aren't drafting 3) offered 4) will get a spot and  be able to afford that extra year 5) able to get into and pay for graduate school.... This isn't football. These aren't full rides. There are a lot of moving parts to this and I think we all have way too much free time to noodle on this and worry about the unknown right now.

I think people are making it a bigger issue than it will end up being to most programs. Sure, Maybe other programs have more or too many seniors in their classes, but the rest just don't. If your "corona" recruiting class is 3-5, yeah it just got different/harder but not that much. You didn't/couldn't draft for a reason....

I do hope they push the draft back to July to allow them a chance to get back in shape/showcase/combine and make decisions before affecting the academic year and programs in August.

Again, creating a big issue from a very very small sample set for a much LARGER population and programs for years to come.

Life happens and sometimes it gets in the way. But it still happens. 

Last edited by Eokerholm