Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I be honest with my ability?"

I have to agree you shouldn't rule yourself out. There are probably guys you know who are just a few years older than you that are now D-1, but you can remember how they looked when they were HS juniors. Don't compare yourself to them now, compare yourself to how they looked at your age and stage.

That being said, you are still right to be thinking about this kind of thing honestly. Too many kids shoot for the big time and end up on the bench at a big-time program. They might've started for a mid-major, a D-2 or a D-3. It's great to be part of a big program, but most folks would rather play. Over the next 10 months you need to think about what's most important to YOU -- combining your baseball and educational goals.

In the meantime, don't eliminate any of your options. Keep all communications with any and all coaches POSITIVE. No one's asking you to brag, nor to give a self-critique. Just answer their questions. If you are fortunate enough to have more than one offer next year, THEN you can start cutting down your list!