Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I forgo my Senior baseball season?"

D1__ posted:

Thanks for the opinions/advice I'm dedicated to getting stronger and improving my game but do you'll have suggestions an what I should do to show my talent to college coaches should I make a video? What showcases should I attend?

If you will be playing with one of the best travel teams in VA, then your coach/manager probably knows a lot about this process. I would encourage you to schedule some time with him to talk about your aspirations and get started with a plan.

IMO, the most effective way for someone in your situation to be seen by the right schools, is to first identify a set of schools yourself. Make a list of schools where you think admissions, finances and baseball are all within your reach. Once you have that list, you can get serious about getting seen. Most D3 coaches are very approachable. You can call or email them and ask them how to get in front of them. They might run a camp, or attend local tournaments, or attend PBR showcases, or they might even tell you about a local showcase that you didn't even know about. If you have a short video that shows your talent, then include that in an email. Work your list, and take good notes. Add new schools as you learn more, and remove schools that aren't a good fit.

The link below lists all NCAA baseball programs, and it can be sorted by division and state. Good luck and keep us posted.