Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I forgo my Senior baseball season?"

I think you need to play your senior season AND continue to work on development.  Those aren't mutually exclusive activities.  Even if you feel your HS coaches are not supportive of your development, or not helping you develop, you can try to focus on one thing every practice to get better at.  Maybe it is working on baserunning, taking better routes to fly balls, ball exchange out of your glove, etc.  There are things you can work on yourself that don't really need the involvement of your coaches.

I got the impression from your original post that you feel a little behind the curve when it comes to your development.  If that is the case, it just means you need to work a little harder outside of practice on your own.  If you don't already have one, get one of those portable sock nets (not that expensive) and a good tee and do tee work at home if you have the space....or go to your HS cage after hours and put in work.  If you have time, maybe get some lessons (hitting, pitching, speed, strength and conditioning, etc.). 

However, don't put baseball development ahead of your academics.  Having good academics will open doors to you that baseball won't...and will open baseball doors to you that will be closed to others because of their academic standing.  Good luck and enjoy that senior season!