Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I forgo my Senior baseball season?"

Pretty much agree with everyone that playing for your HS team is a priority. (Again, like so many paths forward in baseball, I know an outlier who played his Sr year in an outside alternate league, went to UCLA, and is now making his way up the MILB chain.) 

The rest is - and always has been - up to you. I know several handfuls of small HS players who have had very successful baseball careers at the pro, college and coaching levels. The common thread for every one was a burning desire to turn that small stature into fuel to use in getting as strong, fast, agile, athletic each could be. In other words, maximizing their strengths.

if someone were to ask you these questions: where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 15, 20, 40 years? Do you have a tentative career goal? Is it baseball? 

But even not knowing or even having a goal, shouldn't keep you from getting strong. And, HS coaches rarely can focus the time needed to boast individual skills; those guys got a lot of balls to juggle and working each kid an extra 30 min isn't feasible. Find a great coach to work on your individual skills.