Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I just pull him?"

@Jen234 posted:

Sorry, I misspoke cabbagedad, I meant the man who runs the travel ball organization.

i didn’t realize we should have signed an agreement about playing time, etc. we were simply told everyone would play but not everyone would get equal time. That’s on me, didn’t realize and should have asked. On his 11-14u teams we didn’t have issues like this as they had 11-12 kids tops and everyone sat a bit. Was fairly equitable.

For the $1800 he got fall and some spring practices in an indoor facility with his coaches and the ability to use the batting cages on certain days. Three coaches (college age) and the shortstops dad as a coach. Any additional training with guys brought in (strength training, camps, etc) cost extra. His team will have weekly local league games (1x/week) and are signed up for 7 tournaments.

No worries... good to hear there is/was at least some other value.  Sounds like that early email you found will be a good discussion point to determine what to expect and what to do going forward.

I'll add... as you go up in age groups, the total numbers on the rosters will typically grow quite a bit but this doesn't mean there won't be some reasonably equitable rotation with playing time.

Last edited by cabbagedad