Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I just pull him?"

Argh. I hate to hear stories like this. But, it happens. Too often.  

You need to get off that team  - ASAP. The coach has no intention of developing your son. He is simply making you pay his insurance premium in case one of his starters gets hurt.

Now he will tell you and your son that he has every intention of playing him, that the time last weekend just wasn’t right, that your son has to earn it. Yadda yadda yadda. Forgettaboutit. Your son and your family are second class citizens, it’s not gonna change. And even if he does give your son some playing time, there will be so much pressure and negativity around it that it will affect your sons performance.

In short, the coach is a bad guy and a loser and you need to leave  

Find somewhere else where your son will play the most, even if it’s rec league.  Ask for your $1800 back but don’t expect to see any of it. Chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. And don’t be shy about telling other families what happened; baseball is a small world.  

And then never, NEVER EVER pay the full season upfront. Plead poverty and negotiate a monthly payment plan. That way you can cut your losses if this happens again.

And it might. There are A LOT of jerks around.

I’m sorry this happened to you. Why are some people  such jerks? How is it that they have no shame?