Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I just pull him?"

TMP it’s not fully resolved yet but we are getting there.

I signed him up for the rec team Monday. Tuesday AM my husband sent a nicely worded email that I’m not capable of (haha) to the head of the organization and to the coach to discuss his concerns. He also told them my son would not be going to their Tuesday night league game.

The rec team had a game Tuesday evening my son went to instead. I was pleasantly surprised by the talent on the team I think he will be very happy there. The fact that he’s playing at 14 against kids as old as 18 will be a good challenge. He played most of the game. Made the game ending double play by making a tough catch in left and throwing the kid out at first who took off..Got 2 RBIs on a shot down the third base line. He was happy. It was good.

The coach of the travel team sent my husband a one line email Wednesday AM, My husband is scheduled to talk to him this morning. The head of the organization STILL has not answered my husbands email requesting a conversation. It has been 2 days since the email was sent.

I spoke to other parents of the travel team bench sitters and was told for Tuesday nights league game, they pitched one boy two innings and the other bench boys all played 1-2 innings each. I am confident I made the right decision.

My husband has at his disposal every email ever sent about playing time, kids not being buried on the bench, development being more important than winning, practice and games being nearby (whereas now our home field is the high school when the 9 core players play, 35 min away). We will already save the $500 from the hotel room in Michigan I can cancel, but I’m hoping to see a third of the money back, as I realize he got months of indoor practices, at least that will more than cover the rec league fees and the uniforms he will never wear.

I will report back after he speaks to the coach. Thanks for asking.

And TerribleBPthrower, To answer your question, I found out, of the other two 15u teams, one also came almost entirely from another organization and they are doing the same bench sitting to the “extras.”
The remaining 15u already has 17 kids..