Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I let me son quit?"

some times dealing with adversity means accepting the fact that a situation is not working.
the poster has said that this player is not going to play ball in college, this takes away the reason to tough it out for college.
Now I also belive in once you start something you should finish it, but I wont go so far as to say a person should never quit any thing.
I would suggest that this young man be told to really think about this before he makes his decision, if after he has done so he still wants to quit, well who are we to live his life. I am sure his parents are aware of all the reasons to TOUGH it out.
I was talking to a mom last night in the chat room and was trying to help her to think of ways to get her son onto a college team. I thought about it today and I think my advice was no good. you see college ball is not for everyone so what is left. to have fun and feel like he is part of something special and contributes to the team.
If this player is not going to play college ball, is not haveing fun aand is feeling seperate from the team what does he gain from staying.
This young man was on the JV as a junior and did ot quit! he has already shown his character.
if it was only about toughing it out the coach should have put the young man on JV, he could have played and he would have known from the beging the situation.
The average player representd by the HSBBWEB is a high standerd to live up to, if this young man does not have the same dream as our son's well maybe he is waisting time with ball that he could be useing to work toward his dream.
It does not sound as if the team will be hurt if he is not on it, he wont be hurting his chanes at college ball, lol he wont be a ruined young man because he quit, maybe he alredy has something in mind to do with his extra time that he will enjoy and have FUN doing.