Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I let me son quit?"

BigHit15, I don't know the kid. I do know that 20 years from now, that kid(I believe most kids) is going to wonder and second guess themselves. i talk alot about what makes a good teammate. One is sacrifice for the team. You know, being a part of something is really special because you are a TEAM. I think many people are missing that in life. A sense of common cause, common sacrifice, and then the rewards of the whole. Maybe I'm just a relic. I had a kid say that this week. He said I was a relic because I had the old ways. Then he said he intended to be a relic someday. I understand your argument and that the kid wants out. I worry about the kid that will/might regret that decision down the road. Heck, I don't have all of the answers! I'm just an old guy that is worn out himself but still loves the games and the kids. Being a part of the team still means something to me. That is what I want for that kid.

"There comes a time when you have to stop dreaming of the man you want to be and start being the man you have become." Bruce Springsteen