Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I let me son quit?"

This is a post I read in a Louisiana High school prep forum. I thought it would be good to post it here.

" Hi, I'm not gonna post my name, but I am gonna tell you a story about quitting if you ever thought about quitting a high school baseball team, this story happened a few days ago. I am a senior this year, and I have been playing high school ball since my sophmore year( i was a manager my freshmen year). I was never the most talented athlete, and I realize that especially this my senior year. Coach always talked about getting the job done, and I went home a few nights in a row, and I thought about what coach had said, and that would literally bring tears to my eyes, because it made me really feel like I wasn't getting the job done. I realized i was not getting the job done for my team, so I decided to quit.I miss my baseball team tremedously, but there is no way I can go back now. If you ever thought about quitting a baseball team, please do me a favor and reconsider. Baseball is my life, and I miss it alot. I realize now that getting a job done isn't being the best player on the field and starting every game, it is about rooting for your team in the dug out, and maybe once in awhile getting to pinch hit for someone. I just thought I'd share my story, so if anyone is thinking about quitting they wouldn't."

This was posted on www.nola.com post # 4080