Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I let me son quit?"

BEE

It is not being a "tough crowd" --it is fact--how many juniors play junior varsity unless there is a stud ahead of them which I do not think is the case here.

If the boy cannot accept his role then he can become a "cancer" on the team--not saying he will but it is possible--usually kids who are discontent grumble to themselves all the time while sitting on the bench--not labeling him a as quitter but more of a kid who perhaps does not belong there in the role he has given--

Keep in mind-- a starter on JV as a junior does not a starter on varsity as a senior make !!!!

I do not know the boy nor all the circumstances but just on a baseball basis one has to be concerned as to whether or not his talent warrants his being on the team, much less a starter. I am sure you have seen,as have I, many marginal players who as seniors did not make the team because the underclassmen coming up from JV were superior to the marginal senior players--there are only so many uniforms and spots on the roster and if the coach is one of those who plays the best 9 regardless of the class then that is the way the cards are dealt.

HS ball can be a reality check !!!!

TRhit