Skip to main content

Reply to "Should I let me son quit?"

Thanks for the input - I should have added that he has not said YET that he wants to quit. I do think his ability may be some question but certainly his ability IS at least the 9 spot. (he played enough varsity last year to letter for what that is worth). I think they put him on the team because he always has a big smile and a good attitude. You can often hear his voice coming out of the dugout to cheer on ANY player in the game. He is also first choice for designated runner. I do agree that you cannot quit just because something is hard. The coach is a good coach I think but the parents are not allowed to talk to him. We have to talk with the assistant. The school is upset with him already for a different matter. In a region game where our record is on the line I agree that you always put the best nine on the field regardless of what the parents like. This was not a region game, did not officially count toward their record and we KNEW we would likely lose. I guess he just wanted his 9th graders to get some experience. We're sticking it out - new games coming up.