Skip to main content

Reply to "Should Penn State Football be shut down?"

quote:
Originally posted by dad43:
quote:
Originally posted by CoachB25:
What has now happened is that a second group of people have become the victims. These players at Penn State who played in those years and who didn't even know Sandusky are victims. No, their plight does not match those of the victims and I don't want to suggest that. Still, they are also now victimized since all of their efforts and accomplishments are erased. How about the other sports programs? They too are now victims. As we all know, football generates most of the revenue that supports non revenue sports like softball and baseball. I'm sure that each sport will also have to cut back scholarships.

In the press conference the NCAA Pres stated that the money to pay the fines could not come at the expense of any other sport....not sure how that is going to work and where does he think Penn Sate will get the money....over time I can not I imagine this not hurting the other non revenue sports at the school
We know what cold weather outdoor sport is one of the first up for discussion when cutting comes around. Providence College cut baseball right after winning the Big East.