Skip to main content

Reply to "Should Penn State Football be shut down?"

CPLZ, we have serious differences of opinion here. The Duke Players were tried in the court of public opinion and even on this site, a thread was removed because it got out of hand. This country tried and convicted those boys and you know it. Then, when a trial was held, the truth came out. You are convicting these people based upon an private investigation. I want the conviction to be done via a court of law. You mention all of the email evidence convicting Paterno. He didn't have email and so, hearsay evidence. That is until someone provides evidence under oath. 230 witnesses. Name one! I'll wait.

Again, I want this to be settled in a court of law. Then these witnesses will testify under oath. We will know their names. We will know their role in all of this. We will then be able to better identify how this was allowed to continue for so long and those responsible will have their day in court and will pay the price. While some might say that Paterno won't, I don't think that is true since I believe he has left a huge estate.

CPLZ, I guess we just aren't going to see eye to eye on this. BTW, I think that until this goes to trial, there are 230 people and the administration and coaching staff guilty of allowing these young men to be victimized.