Skip to main content

Reply to "Should we be discouraged?"

quote:
They say there are five tools in baseball but I am convinced there are six and perhaps seven. The sixth tool comes from the heart and that is my son's best tool. His desire to succeed is his own and I take no credit for that as it all belongs to him. The seventh tool might be persistence in the face of adversity. Whatever it is, I would encourage all you out there to encourage your kid's sixth and seventh tools. They my not be the best players out there today, but five years from now, if they apply their tools everyday, they just might be. There is nothing more satisfying than that

Cleveland Dad, Thank you for sharing your story. My husband ALWAYS speaks of a 6th tool and we do believe my son has it. He is an extremely hard-worker and would never let some of the setbacks get him down. I guess my original post was meant to illicit the exact posts they did - is this unusual? This is our first foray into college sports. We know there will be ups and downs and how tough baseball life is. I love your story.