Skip to main content

Reply to "Should we get help?"

I'm with Boris.... and .... Welcome to the HSBBW. Relax and take a breath. Everything sounds great. Recruiting service? I wouldn’t. This is an expense that would duplicate your efforts and in my opinion COULD send out negative vibes about your son. I’ll step on some toes but in my opinion recruiting services tend to represent those players that expect a difficult time during the recruiting process. It appears that your son is getting quite a bit of interest early in his career which is great. It sounds as if your difficulties will be trying to keep up with the letters and phone calls. Smile Should he play fall ball vs. other sports? That is a personal choice that your son should make. In my opinion that won’t hurt him at all. My suggestions are to focus on next summer and ensure he’s on a good summer team and that he does showcase his talents in at least one quality showcase like Perfect Game. Is a coach feeding you a line when he makes a comment like “You’re our #1 player for 2007”?? Who knows noidea? I would ask (when the opportunity presented itself) “How does being a #1 player translate into scholarship dollars?”
Fungo