Skip to main content

Reply to "Shoulder Injury"

proudpapa - Let me start by saying you have received alot of good info here. I have been down this road with my son who is now a freshmen in college. I am not going to get into details of how it happened or the road we took. But I will say it was practically identical to your son's process that he's been through. This will be a hard road for your son and he will have to make many sacrifices in the coming year and you as a father will as well. Let me explain something here - TIME is a factor, WHY because my son, like yours, had a dream to play college ball and as a sophomore(when he was injured) was coming upon that so important season.... The summer of his junior year - SHOWCASE SEASON. It was in October of his junior year when the decision was made to have an arthroscopic procedure on his arm. TXMOM is 100% right when she said mri's do not show everything going on in the arm. Which worked to my sons favor. He was scoped and DR. David DINES (REMEMBER THAT NAME) found a tear in the supraspinatus. Which he stated would have never healed on its own in the area it was in. My son missed pitching in the rotation his junior year of school ball(a sacrifice he needed to make) but he was able to play 1st base though. He had many dedicated hours of rehab and was able to get that arm good enough to participate in many summer showcases and DO WELL in-fact. He was honored to have twenty or more colleges recruiting him. It brings tears to my eyes of happiness and joy every time I see him on the field just knowing he got his DREAM. Please support your son and have patience with him as it is a difficult journey he will have to take and he will not be able to do it without his family behind him !

Here is the info on the surgeon we used
: DR DAVID DINES - GREAT NECK LONG ISLAND, NY. 516 - 482 1037 said to be one of the best in the Northeast-- if not the best- period. He has done shoulder work on some of biggest name athletes. Pitchers / tennis professionals / Yankees - METS PITCHERS John Franco for one ! So please he is only hours from you. Call the office and set up a meeting to see him with the mri reports. He is a great MAN i can wright a book on this but i will stop here. PROUDPAPA please pm me with your phone number if you would like we can talk further.
WHICH ALL THE BEST TO YOUR SON. HE WILL DO FINE clap