Skip to main content

Reply to "Shoulder Injury"

P&CMOM

Great move on your sons part to ask those questions

We talk alot about the "miracle" surgeries but what works for one does not work for another all the time

I recall mine and it was not a sports caused injury--I was walking my Lab on a snowny night and slipped and fell on my left shoulder---OUCH-- went to the hospital for exrays etal---to my orthopedic guy the next day and he tells me he thinks it is just the rotator cuff but xrays were still cloudy from the blood--MRI was not even clear-- we schedule surgery, artho-- but three hours later I come off the table ---he had to open me up because of all the damage they found initially---he had prepared me for the worst so I was fine with it

The key is to ask questions-- and trust your surgeon---they can scope and always cut if they have to after seeing the damage--pictures do not always tell the entire story

I also a few years later had a impingement in my right shoulder---my arm could not raise above the shoulder level--he scoped and shaved ---9 months later not better---one massive shot of cortisone made it heal and it is fine now---every persons body reacts differently

Always get a number of opinions and have a doctor that will listen to you---you know your body better than anyone