Skip to main content

Reply to "Shoulder load...."

I want to point out a couple of things:

• Many of you are talking about bat tipping. First I disagree but that's another story. If I do as you say and tip, aren't I then tipping by raising my back elbow. If so, try that and not include the scapula. Impossible.
  • That Scapula is loaded anyway regardless of whether you tip or not. It is a part of the main trunk or torso. I has to be loaded in order for it to properly function within the swing.
  • Many of you have argued about a type of "negative rotation" wherein the upper body rotates to a slight degree toward the catcher and away from the pitcher. I believe one of you even went as far as to describe showing your shoulder to the pitcher. It is impossible to do so without loading the scapula region.
  • Finally, a year back many of you were stating in no uncertain terms that tension must be present in all phases of the swing process for the kenetic chain to properly link during the swing. Tension would include the shoulder region in my opinion.

Observation, even when I maintain tilt, I feel a sense of tension in the scapula region. While it might not be excessive, it is there. Chameleon showed one of his creative demonstrations holding that pole. I will state that doing so per his drill is impossible without the shoulder region feeling tension. JMHO!
Last edited by CoachB25