Skip to main content

Reply to "Showball Camp Credit Available"

I understand, there is definitely a concern for whomever is "first to act".  I think phone or email communication between me and anyone interested is appropriate to vet who I am, an email to John Novak at showball baseball to confirm the credit is available also seems reasonable due diligence.

I am happy to talk with whomever is interested about how to structure the timing and vetting in a way they feel most comfortable.

Doing the above does entail work and some risk which is a big part of the reason I would not expect to get all $995 back.

I guess in the end there does have to be some amount of trust. I will just say that my son was devastated when the injury happened, I asked Showball about an injury refund and was told the money was not refundable but was transferable (I knew this was in the fine print so while disappointed they would not make an exception I am not angry). I found other posts in this thread about transferring camp credits, and it seemed a reasonable option given our situation.

My son is likely to get into some of the HA schools he was interested in without baseball, and while those coaches will not "slot" him now, if he gets in and heals it is likely he would still be able to participate.

I add all of this background to hopefully make clear I am not a scammer but just a parent in a tough situation trying to find a little bit of a win-win in helping someone else out while recouping some of the significant camp expense.

Feel free to PM if interested or want to discuss more.