Skip to main content

Reply to "Showball Showcase Camps"

@Nick0977 posted:

Thanks for the feedback.  I understand they are expensive, but I’ve spent substantially more for my sons summer so far that consists purely of of PG’s.  I have yet to see any scouts at any games regardless of class or program.  Just not seeing the value in what we are doing.  If I had it to do over again, probably would have just stayed home, trained more consistently and played local.  

Thus far my son attended one multi school showcase to get his feet wet and it was not as advertised.  There were “scouts” there, but it wasn’t very well organized and they weren’t really paying attention to any of the players.  Kind of left a bad taste.  

@SpeedDemon @anotherparent Out of curiosity, did your son do any pre contact for schools he was interested in?  Email, phone call, video submission or anything like that prior to the showcase?  

Tend to agree. Playing locally, hitting the weight room, and attending camps for the schools he’s most interested in + HF/SB for additional exposure is a solid strategy IMO.  Very few schools or scouts at anything but the most high-level tournaments looking for rising juniors, sophomores, and freshman.