Skip to main content

Reply to "Showball Showcase Camps"

Some players are beasts in HS and others need time to fill in. This is very much taken into consideration for each player as to each program. 15,16 year olds are committing to the P5 programs for a reason, they have the physical projection but also possess mad skills that will only improve with  instruction.

I know it's an expense but I always suggest a qualified showcase, where the player will be evaluated by people who know nothing about the player. The evaluation is based upon future projection not current.  I know people don't like PG, but I think that they offer the best evaluation for the $$$.

Attend a prospect camp at a local program, there are plenty of them in FL. Some programs won't even consider the player in attending their prospect camp. D2's have JV programs. Excellent JUCOS but not easy to get into their baseball programs as they are feeders to the 4 year programs.

A 16 year old should be concentrating on training and getting stronger, not so much playing, unless he is a stud. Also should have a qualified instructor for each specialty but I don't believe in wasting time working on being a 2 way player because very rarely these days will you find 2 way players.

These are some suggestions, but my strongest one is this one. Put aside the stuff that doesn't matter, concentrate on the stuff that does.

Good luck to your son.

PM if you have any questions.