Skip to main content

Reply to "Showball Showcases 2017"

My 2017 attended both HeadFirst and Showball showcases in 2016.  I would say that if your son is focused on academic schools and willing to pursue D3 options, HF is the much better camp to attend.  There is more coach interaction and a better opportunity to have a chance to talk to any coach that attends HF with the way the games are set-up and played.  Showball has more D1 options and there are coaches around working the field in the drills but not as many in the dugouts as HF has.  The interaction at Showball is more random (i.e. your son may be an IF but the coach he really wants to impress is working with the OF group) and the games are really rushed.  And Showball does not allow dual positions in the games like HF does.  That is a big drawback if your son both plays a position and pitches as my son does. 

I don't regret sending him to Showball, but at a cost very close to HF, I would say HF is the better option, particularly if your son will be a Senior next year and does not have any serious D1 interest by their Junior year baseball season.  But if your son is a Sophomore and might be D1 viable and wants to go that route, then Showball would cast a wider net of schools.